Code builds everything.
This curriculum is designed for those that have never attempted programming. You will learn how to think logically about creating basic programs and functions, developing interactive webpages, keeping the user in mind during the design process, and analyzing algorithms and data for efficiency. Built with the focus of creating a strong foundation in software development, the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Entry Level Software Development will help you learn the skills you need to start the career you want.
What you'll learn
- Think Logically and Systematically
- Create Basic Programs and Functions
- Develop Interactive Webpages
- Create Basic Object-Oriented Programs
- Apply Software Development to Real-World Scenarios
- Design Software for Global Audiences
To be eligible to earn a certificate for completing the Microsoft Professional Program in Entry Level Software Development, please go to https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-program/tracks/entry-level-software-development/ to create a Microsoft Academy account. After signing up, you’ll be able to track your progress on a personalized dashboard that updates every time you earn a Verified Certificate in a course from the Entry Level Software Development track.
How it works
This comprehensive curriculum features courses that are presented in a suggested order that builds your skills as you advance through the courses. While the order is a suggestion you are free to take the courses in any order that you wish. Upon completing the coursework, you will be able to demonstrate what you have learned through completion of the Capstone project.
Entry-Level Software Development Professional Program - Curriculum Overview
- Course 1: Introduction to Python: Absolute Beginner
- Course 2: Introduction to Design Thinking
- Course 3: Logic and Computational Thinking
- Course 4: Introduction to Python: Fundamentals
- Course 5: Writing Professional Code
- Course 6: Learn to Program in Java
- Course 7: Object Orientated Programming in Java
- Course 9: Building Functional Prototypes using Node.js
- Course 10: Designing a Technical Solution
- Course 11: Algorithms and Data Structures
- Course 12: Introduction to Developing International Software
- Course 13: Microsoft Professional Capstone: Entry Level Software Development