If you are interested in pursuing a career in IT Support, this course examines basic job skills that can help ensure you become a successful support agent.
In this course, you will be introduced to and better understand the role of an IT support agent, including core priorities and key responsibilities. You will learn how to improve your support skills by interacting with other roles and mastering specific performance skills.
The course then examines what influences customer behavior when dealing with IT Support, including global cultural differences and communication styles. The course concludes with an introduction to the basic stages of case management, from initial receipt of a support call through solution development and closure.
This is the first in a series of four courses that are targeted to individuals who are considering a move into IT Support.
What you will learn
- Introduce the support agent role
- Identify the core priorities and key responsibilities of a support agent
- Improve your support skills by interacting with other roles
- Identify the performance skills a support agent should master
- Understand what drives customer behavior when interacting with support agents
- Examine how cultural dimensions and communication styles affect customer behavior
- Learn how different cultures view time
- Examine the basic stages of IT Support case management