Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking Technologies (DCICT) v6.2 prepares IT professionals for the Cisco CCNA Data Center certification and for associate-level data center roles.
The course covers foundational knowledge, skills, and technologies, including networking technologies, data center network virtualization, unified computing, data center automation and orchestration, and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). The training provided in this course is focused on data center basic operations, covering the topics needed for today’s demanding associate-level positions. The hands-on lab exercises focus on configuring features in Cisco Nexus Operating System (Cisco NX-OS) Software, Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), and Cisco UCS Director.
Who should attend
Those preparing for associate-level data center-oriented jobs, or who wish to certify at the Cisco CCNA Data Center level, can now take the official training in self-paced format. The e-learning format of this course offers an immersive, practice-based learning experience at your own pace. Using enterprise-grade Cisco data center equipment, this hands-on training format is designed to be as effective as classroom training, with easily consumable segments of video, text, discovery labs, review questions, and graded challenge labs and tests.
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills:
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Good understanding of the VMware environment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe switch and machine virtualization
- Describe network virtualization, including overlays, virtual switches, and the Cisco Nexus 1000V solution
- Describe Cisco FabricPath and Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) connectivity
- Describe Ethernet port channels and virtual port channels (vPC) and Cisco Unified Fabric
- Identify Cisco UCS components
- Describe Cisco UCS organizational hierarchy and role-based access control (RBAC)
- Describe how to deploy servers in Cisco UCS
- Describe the purpose and advantages of application programming interfaces (API)
- Describe cloud computing basic concepts
- Describe Cisco UCS Director, its functional blocks and deployment models
- Describe Cisco UCS Director Orchestration features: policies, virtual data centers, workflows, and catalogs
- Describe Cisco ACI, traffic forwarding through the Cisco ACI fabric, as well as programming and orchestration capabilities
- Explain traffic forwarding mechanisms in Cisco ACI
- Describe programmability and orchestration capabilities of Cisco ACI
Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.