In this course, you will gain the knowledge and skills to be able to deliver stable environments rapidly, reliably and at scale, avoiding manual configuration of environments and enforcing consistency, by representing your environments as code.
The course will cover areas such as:
- Azure Automation
- ARM templates
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- DevTest labs
- Chef deployments in Azure
As well as other automation scenarios, tools and options.
Experience working in an organization delivering software, either in development or in operations. Knowledge and experience working with Cloud based solutions, experience using Microsoft Azure.
What you will learn
- How to configure and implement Azure Automation accounts and security
- How to create and run an Automation Windows PowerShell workflow-based textual Runbooks to provision and de-provision an environment
- Understand Desired State Configuration (DSC) and how to create a DSC configuration file, import it into the automation account and compile it
- How to onboard Azure VMs for Automation DSC
- How to generate an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template based on an existing resource group and apply an ARM template that removes all resources in a resource group
- How to create an ARM template by using Visual Studio.
- How to implement Chef and Puppet deployments in Azure
- How to use Chef to configure Azure DevTest Lab VMs
- How to configure Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of Azure SQL Database using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Visual Studio