This online course describes the features and benefits of NetApp® ONTAP® 9 data management software. You learn how to explain the architecture and functionality of the integrated data protection features that use NetApp Snapshot™ technology. You also learn basic administration, configuration, and management of the integrated data protection features.
The ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals course is intended for data protection administrators of any experience level.
Who should attend
NetApp customers, partners, and employees
- ONTAP Cluster Fundamentals
- ONTAP NAS Fundamentals and ONTAP SAN Fundamentals are recommended courses.
What you will learn
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Describe the integrated data protection features in ONTAP 9 data management software
- Describe data protection relationships, cluster peering, and storage VM (storage virtual machine, also known as SVM) peering
- Explain the functionality of the NetApp Snapshot, SnapMirror®, SnapMirror Synchronous, and SnapMirror Business Continuity technologies
- Identify the tools and software that you use to manage and monitor ONTAP 9 data protection features
- Describe the solutions that address your data encryption and compliance needs
Please note: In case you do not have an user account with NetApp yet, you need to register first. It may take several hours until your new account with NetApp will be confirmed.