Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. You will learn how to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages. You will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Ansible® configuration management upon deployment.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat Satellite 6.6.
Please note: It may take up to 48 hours until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with Red Hat Satellite 6
What you will learn
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to employ the software development life cycle process to plan, create, test, and provision host systems within an organization.
Course content summary
- Verify a Red Hat Satellite 6.6 installation.
- Regulate Red Hat Satellite with organizations, locations, users, and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Ansible playbooks and roles.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.