Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Distributed Architecture and Scaling For Edge Computing (CL310) teaches network engineers, network operators, cloud operators, and cloud administrators how to manage and tune Red Hat® OpenStack Platform for network performance.
This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Edge Computing and Networking exam (EX310).
This offering is based on Red Hat OpenStack version 10.0 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
Please note: It may take up to 48 hours until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
This course is designed for network engineers, network operators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
- Become a Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Complete the Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (EX210), or demonstrate equivalent experience
What you will learn
You will learn how to manage the OpenStack networking service (Neutron) with network functions virtualization to enhance network performance. You will configure distributed virtual routers, Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit datapath, and IPv6 networking in OpenStack. You will also deploy software-defined networking with OpenDaylight.
- Network functions virtualization (NFV)
- Distributed virtual router (DVR)
- Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK) datapath
- IPv6 networking
- Single-root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)*
- Software-defined networking (SDN) with OpenDaylight (ODL)
- VLAN, VXLAN, and GRE networks
*SR-IOV is covered in the course as a lecture and a video. The specification is not covered as a hands-on exercise because it requires special hardware.
Course content summary
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design and tune a Red Hat® OpenStack Platform environment meeting the high-network performance requirements of your organization.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and implement high-performing software-defined networks.
- Provide higher-performing networks using enhanced platform awareness (EPA), Open vSwitch Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK), and network functions virtualization (NFV).