Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I teaches you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) 7. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on JBoss EAP.
Please note: It may take up to 48 hours until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
System administrators who are either new to Red Hat JBoss or have experience with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems
- Understanding of hardware and networking
Note: No prior knowledge of Java, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio is required.
What you will learn
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to manage JBoss EAP 7 in both standalone mode and a managed domain with both the EAP CLI and web console.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode or as a managed domain.
- Configure the new batch subsystem.
- Administer the HornetQ messaging subsystem.
- Secure applications deployed on JBoss EAP.
- Customize server logging.
- Create and manage datasource connections to databases.
- Manage JBoss EAP clustering.
Course content summary
- Installing and run JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode and domain mode
- Configuring a domain
- Deploying applications to JBoss EAP 7
- Configuring the datasource subsystem
- Configuring Java™ Message Service (JMS) and HornetQ
- Configuring the logging subsystem
- Configuring the web subsystem
- Implementing application security in JBoss EAP 7
- Configuring the batch subsystem
- An introduction to clustering