This three-day course is designed to provide students with an understanding of cloud enabled networks, cloud service deployment concepts, and virtualized network platforms such as vSRX and vMX. This course provides a high-level overview and understanding of the following concepts:
• Software Defined Networks
• Cloud Network Underlays
• Cloud Network Overlays
• Cloud Design
• Cloud Implementation Methods
• Cloud Services
• Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms.
Who should attend
The primary audiences for this course are individuals responsible for planning and coordinating cloud enabled networks and services in data center, private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud, service provider, and enterprise WAN environments.
• Basic TCP/IP skills
• Basic network understanding
• General understanding of data center environments
• General understanding of enterprise WAN environments
• Basic understanding of virtualization
What you will learn
• Explain network overlay and underlay concepts.
• Describe private, public, and hybrid cloud architecture and implementation.
• Describe the implementation of services in a cloud networking environment.
• Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vSRX platform.
• Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vMX platform.
• Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper NFX platform.
• Explain the role of Juniper Networks virtualized platforms in public cloud offerings.
• Describe the functionality and use of Juniper Networks Cloud Connector.
• Explain the need for Software Defined Networking.
• List basic SDN concepts.
• Describe common types of SDN implementation.
• Describe the main Network Function Virtualization components.
• Describe cloud services monitoring.
• Explain the role and functions of AppFormix in cloud services.
• Explain SDN WAN concepts.
• Describe the role, functions, and features of the NorthStar Controller.
• Describe the role, functions, and features of NorthStar Planner.
• Describe the role and functions a vCPE and uCPE components.
• Explain the role, components and functions of Contrail Service Orchestration.
• Explain the role, components and functions of Contrail Networking.
• Explain Software Defined Secure Network concepts.
• Describe methods to secure an SDN environment.
• Explain the functionality of SDSN components.
It can take up to 48 hours (working days) before this course can be made available.