Become Data Literate, no prior experience required. This hands-on course gives you an overview of what a Data Analyst needs to know and deliver, and is meant to inspire you with all the possibilities that Data unlocks for the world.
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Analysis. Digital transformation and advanced technologies like AI and quantum computing are fueled by data. Every industry and profession needs data analysis, from a small business’s survey data to CERN’s 100’s of petabytes per experiment. Analyzing data is one of the most critical skills of the future. This course, meant for people of all ages, will bring you from the very beginnings of data concepts and structures in context, all the way through analyzing data, telling data stories effectively, and understanding the environments in which data exists throughout our work and life. It will also start you on the path to becoming a data analyst. Throughout the course, we’ll reference additional courses and learning paths you can take to help you on your data career journey.
- Basic excel proficiency
What you will learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand data’s many contexts, origins and applications in life, work, and society
- Understand introductory level data and mathematical concepts
- Work with different types of data
- Become data literate with the basic data analyst toolkit, including data storytelling
- Apply summary statistics to analyze and understand data sets
- Apply analytics methods to industry and business scenarios
- Learn about data analyst career paths