Designed to learn how to set up scalability, redundancy and security configurations. You will learn advance features to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and combining App Layers and Workspace Environment Management, which can improve logon times, centralize user settings management, optimize the performance of machines running the Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA).
In the advanced troubleshooting section, you will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health. You’ll leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multizone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, and HDX.
Who should attend
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7. Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course: CWS-215 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
What you will learn
- How to implement advanced administration concepts such as backups, disaster recovery, scalability and redundancy for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 Site
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot Citrix Apps and Desktop 7
- Security considerations and configurations for Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 site including multi-site management using zones
It can take up to 24 hours (working days) before this course can be made available.