The Cisco IOS XR Ethernet VPN Implementation and Verification (IOSXR303) version 1.0 Cisco® Training on Demand course provides you with the skills necessary to implement and troubleshoot several Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) technologies, including EVPN native, EVPN Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS), Provider Backbone Bridge (PBB) EVPN, EVPN Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB), and EVPN Virtual Extensible Lan (VXLAN), on Cisco IOS® XR devices.
You will review and examine next-generation solutions for Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN), EVPN terminology and concepts, and traffic forwarding. The course will also show you how to implement and troubleshoot the various EVPN technologies and investigate EVPN Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) seamless integration with Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), EVPN out of service, virtual Ethernet segment, and EVPN route policy.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is implementation and design engineers and network planning engineers.
The knowledge and skills recommended before attending this course are:
- Experience working with Cisco IOS XR Software-based platforms
- Basic knowledge of interior gateway protocols (Intermediate System to Intermediate System [IS-IS] and Open Shortest Path First [OSPF])
- Understanding of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing
- Understanding of MPLS
What you will learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of EVPN
- Describe and configure various EVPN technologies, including EVPN native, EVPN VPWS, PBB EVPN, EVPN IRB, and EVPN VXLAN
- List and describe the advanced features of EVPN