This course provides the fundamental concepts to prepare you for deeper dives into specific DevOps practices.
We will cover deploying and configuring standardized infrastructure, automating builds and deployments using continuous integration and continuous deployment with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and automating testing before release and whilst in production.
The course will also cover continuous learning from production, and how to improve and scale business results based on application monitoring.
After completing this course, you should be able to understand how to begin crafting a release pipeline that includes continuous integration techniques, continuous testing practices, monitoring, treating infrastructure and configuration as code, and deploying frequently and automatically.
It is intended for both Development and Operations professionals, who are interested in learning and adopting DevOps practices.
Experience working in an organization delivering software,either in development or in operations Knowledge and experience working with Cloud based solutions, preferably experience using Microsoft Azure.
What you will learn
- DevOps core values, principles and practices
- How to deploy to IaaS and PaaS environments in Microsoft Azure using ARM templates, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and other deployment tools
- Build and deploy applications automatically to Dev, Test and Production environments
- Continuous learning from production to improve and scale business results
- Unit tests, Integration tests, load tests, UI tests and test driven-development
- Data retention strategies, exposure control strategies, and hypothesis-driven development