Gain the skills you need to get the data science job you want.
Accelerate your career in one of the hottest fields – data science. Learn data science fundamentals, key data science tools, and widely-used programming languages from industry and academic experts in this unique program created by Microsoft. Built in collaboration with leading universities and employers, the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science will develop the analytical and programming skills you need to take advantage of the 1.5 million career opportunities available now in data science.
What you'll learn
- Use Microsoft Excel to explore data
- Use Transact-SQL to query a relational database
- Create data models and visualize data using Excel or Power BI
- Apply statistical methods to data
- Use R or Python to explore and transform data
- Follow a data science methodology
- Create and validate machine learning models with Azure Machine Learning
- Write R or Python code to build machine learning models
- Apply data science techniques to common scenarios
- Implement a machine learning solution for a given data problem
To be eligible to earn a certificate for completing the Microsoft Professional Program for Data Science, please go to https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-program/tracks/data-science/ to create a Microsoft Academy account. After signing up, you’ll be able to track your progress on a personalized dashboard that updates every time you earn a Verified Certificate in a course from the Data Science track.
How it works
Made up of three units and a final project, the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science provides a comprehensive program of study in data science. Learners can choose from different courses within each unit of study. For example, in Unit 1 - Fundamentals you can choose between Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel or Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI to satisfy the requirement.
Data Science Professional Program - Unit Overview
- Unit 1 - Fundamentals
- Course 1: Introduction to Data Science
- Course 2a: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI | Course 2b: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel
- Course 3: Analytics Storytelling for Impact
- Course 4: Ethics and Law in Data and Analytics
- Unit 2 - Core Data Science
- Course 5: Querying Data with Transact-SQL
- Course 6a: Introduction to R for Data Science Course | 6b: Introduction to Python for Data Science
- Course 7a: Essential Math for Machine Learning: R Edition Course | 7b: Essential Math for Machine Learning: Python Edition Course | 7c: Essential Statistics for Data Analysis using Excel
- Unit 3 - Applied Data Science
- Course 8a: Data Science Research Methods: R Edition | Course 8b: Data Science Research Methods: Python Edition
- Course 9a: Principles of Machine Learning: R Edition | Course 9b: Principles of Machine Learning: Python Edition
- Course 10a: Developing Big Data Solutions with Azure Machine Learning | Course 10b: Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R | Course 10c: Implementing Predictive Analytics with Spark in Azure HDInsight
- Unit 4 - Capstone Project
Showcase your data science knowledge and skills, and solve a real-world data science problem in Microsoft Professional Capstone : Data Science. The project takes the form of a challenge in which you will explore a dataset and develop a machine learning solution that is tested and scored to determine your grade.