Lock in your Cybersecurity Skills.
As the number of cyberthreats continues to increase, the demand for skilled cyber professionals is also growing. Become knowledgeable on the wide set of skills that will allow you to start or grow a cybersecurity career.
What you'll learn
- Protect. Describe the current threat landscape. Identify and prioritize the key enterprise systems that require protection. Demonstrate hardening tactics to make a breach more difficult and costly for a hacker to execute.
- Detect breaches early. Classify the extent of a system breach.
- Respond to a security incident effectively, while minimizing business impact. Report technical details and business impact of incident to all relevant stakeholders.
To be eligible to earn a certificate for completing the Microsoft Professional Program in Cybersecurity, please go to https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-program/tracks/cyber-security/ to create a Microsoft Academy account. After signing up, you’ll be able to track your progress on a personalized dashboard that updates every time you earn a verified certificate in a course from this track.
How it works
This comprehensive curriculum features courses that are presented in a suggested order that builds your skills as you advance through the courses. While the order is a suggestion you are free to take the courses in any order that you wish. Upon completing the coursework, you will be able to demonstrate what you have learned through completion of the capstone project.
Cybersecurity Professional Program - Curriculum Overview
- Course 1: Enterprise Security Fundamentals
- Course 2: Threat Detection: Planning for a Secure Enterprise
- Course 3: Planning a Security Incident Response
- Course 4: PowerShell Security Best Practices
- Course 5: Managing Identity
- Course 6a: Security in Office 365 | Course 6b: Securing Data in Azure and SQL Server | Course 6c: Microsoft SharePoint 2016: Authentication and Security
- Course 7: Windows 10 Security Features
- Course 8: Windows Server 2016 Security Features
- Course 9: Microsoft Azure Security Services
- Course 10: Microsoft Professional Capstone: Cybersecurity (will be released 1/1/2019)