It's your career, think big.
With data being captured and analyzed at ever increasing rates, demand for the professionals who can build big data solutions is high. Start with the fundamentals, master the most frequently used tools, and finally prove you have the skills to do the job in these courses from Microsoft, which feature industry and academic experts in big data. Built in collaboration with leading universities and employers, the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Big Data will help you learn the skills you need to build big data solutions using Azure managed services and open source systems like Hadoop and Spark.
What you'll learn
- Analyze and Visualize Data
- Work with NoSQL Data
- Query Relational Data
- Implement a Data Warehouse
- Process Big Data at Rest
- Process Big Data in Motion
- Orchestrate Big Data Workflows
- Build Big Data Analysis Solutions
To be eligible to earn a certificate for completing the Microsoft Professional Program in Big Data, please go to https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-program/tracks/big-data/ to create a Microsoft Academy account. After signing up, you’ll be able to track your progress on a personalized dashboard that updates every time you earn a Verified Certificate in a course from the Big Data track.
How it works
Made up of three units and a final capstone project, the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Big Data provides a comprehensive curriculum, featuring courses that teach the skills necessary for a career in big data. Learners can choose from different courses within each unit of study.
Big Data Professional Program - Unit Overview
- Unit 1 - Fundamentals
- Course 1: Microsoft Professional Program: Introduction to Big Data
- Course 2a: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI | Course 2b: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel
- Course 3: Introduction to NoSQL Data Solutions
- Course 4: Querying Data with Transact-SQL
- Unit 2 – Big Data Processing
- Course 5: Delivering a Data Warehouse in the Cloud
- Course 6a: Processing Big Data with Azure Data Lake Analytics | Course 6b: Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Course 7a: Processing Real-Time Data Streams in Azure | Course 7b: Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Unit 3 – Big Data Analysis Solutions
- Course 8: Orchestrating Big Data with Azure Data Factory
- Course 9a: Developing Big Data Solutions with Azure Machine Learning | Course 9b: Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R | Course 9c: Implementing Predictive Analytics with Spark in Azure HDInsight
- Unit 4 - Capstone Project
- Course 10: Microsoft Professional Capstone : Big Data
In this final capstone project, you will apply everything you have learned to take on a big data processing challenge.