Learn about threat detection as part of a defense in-depth strategy to protect, detect, and respond to cybercrime.
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Cybersecurity. By 2021, worldwide cybercrime damage is expected to reach $6 trillion—double what it cost businesses in 2015. Unapproved apps, unmanaged devices, poor password protection, and other security issues are leaving far too many organizations vulnerable to attack. And as organizations embrace digital transformation, it becomes increasingly urgent for the organization to increase control over their IT infrastructure and reduce security risks. This course is an overview of threat detection as part of a defense in-depth strategy. You will learn how to protect, detect, and respond to cybercrime as you explore the capabilities of threat detection and mitigation tools.
- The current cybersecurity ecosystem Analysis of hacks on computers and networks Basic Risk Management
What you'll learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe signature-based and behavioral / heuristic detection methods
- List the capabilities of on-premise threat detection and mitigation tools
- Name the capabilities of hybrid and cloud threat detection and mitigation tools
- Recognize the importance of Enterprise threat detection monitoring