This course, equivalent to 5 days of training, is for users of both cloud and on-premises versions of the VMware vRealize® Operations™ product. It provides you with the knowledge and skills to deploy a vRealize Operations cluster that meets the monitoring requirements of your environment.
This course includes advanced capabilities like customizing alerts, views, reports, and dashboards and explains the architecture in vRealize Operations. This course explains certificates, capacity and cost concepts, and workload optimization with real-world use cases. This course covers troubleshooting using workbench, alerts, and Predefined dashboards and how to manage compliance and configurations. This course also covers several management packs, and it introduces VMware vRealize® Operations Cloud™.
In general, this course explains how to use and configure most of the new features and enhancements in version 8.1 and 8.2.
Please note: It may take up to 7 days until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
vRealize Operations on-premises and cloud customers including experienced system administrators, system integrators, and consultants responsible for designing, implementing, and customizing vRealize Operations.
This class requires system administration experience with VMware vSphere® deployments or completion of one of the following courses::
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (VICM)
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale (VOS)
- Or system administration experience with vSphere deployments
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Determine the vRealize Operations cluster that meets your monitoring requirements
- Deploy and configure a vRealize Operations cluster
- Identify features and benefits of vRealize Operations
- Use interface features to assess and troubleshoot operational issues
- Create policies to meet the operational needs of your environment
- Recognize effective ways to optimize performance, capacity, and cost in data centers
- Troubleshoot and manage issues using workbench, alerts, and predefined dashboards
- Manage configurations
- Configure application monitoring using VMware vRealize® Application Remote Collector™
- Create custom symptoms and alert definitions, reports, and views
- Create various custom dashboards using the dashboard creation canvas
- Configure widgets and widget interactions for dashboards
- Create super metrics
- Set up users and user groups for controlled access to your environment
- Extend the capabilities of vRealize Operations by adding management packs and configuring solutions
- Monitor the health of the vRealize Operations cluster by using self-monitoring dashboards
- Discuss the vRealize Operations Cloud features