Accelerate your career in one of the fastest-growing cloud technology fields: Internet of Things (IoT). Get started with IoT fundamentals today—then move on to learn the tools of the trade, including the physical devices and cloud technologies. Next, apply what you’ve learned to real-world IoT challenges. Created in collaboration with the industry experts, the Microsoft Professional Program for IoT will teach you the device programming, data analytics, machine learning, and architecture design skills you need to take advantage of millions of IoT career opportunities. The program comprises three units and a final capstone project. Learners can choose from available courses within each unit of study. Courses are 8–12 hours each, and the capstone project is 20+ hours.
What you will learn
- Recognize and define opportunities for IoT solutions that achieve business goals for top and trending industries.
- Program resource-constrained device hardware, breadboard simple electrical circuits, and capture sensor readings.
- Configure and implement two-way communications between devices and a cloud gateway.
- Implement data analytics (live streams and stored data) to inform device management and other actions.
- Construct IoT data visualizations to help businesses gain operational insights.
- Apply machine learning to IoT data to facilitate predictive maintenance and improve business services.
- Evaluate business scenarios, design IoT solution architectures, and develop associated business plans.
- Implement an IoT solution for a given industry scenario.
To be eligible to earn a certificate for completing the Microsoft Professional Program in IoT, please go to https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/register to create a Microsoft Academy account. After signing up, you’ll be able to track your progress on a personalized dashboard that updates every time you earn a Verified Certificate in a course from this track.
This comprehensive curriculum features courses that are presented in a suggested order that builds your skills as you advance through the courses. While the order is a suggestion you are free to take the courses in any order that you wish. Upon completing the coursework, you will be able to demonstrate what you have learned through completion of the Capstone project.
Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in IoT - Curriculum Overview
- Course 1: Getting Started with the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Course 2: Introduction to Device Programming for IoT: C Edition
- Course 3: IoT Device Configuration and Communication: C Edition
- Course 4: IoT Data Analytics and Storage
- Course 5: Business Intelligence for IoT Solutions
- Course 6: Predictive Analytics for IoT Solutions
- Course 7: IoT Architecture Design and Business Planning
- Course 8: Microsoft Professional Capstone: IoT Solution Architect