Cisco E-Learning for SWITCH v2.0 is an all-inclusive e-learning solution designed to prepare CCNP Routing and Switching or CCDP candidates for the exam topics covered by the SWITCH exam.
This is an advanced course on Cisco switching planning, configuring, and verifying the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions. Students will gain the knowledge to configure and optimize a switched infrastructure using VLANs, STP, RSTP, MSTP, and HSRP. Additionally, students will be able to secure this switched infrastructure.
A core element of this training is the ability to learn new concepts and reinforce understanding through a wide range of integrated lab scenarios. These labs utilize Cisco IOS Software with Layer 2 and Layer 3 features and a CLI supported on IOS version 15 releases.
Who should attend
- System Engineers
- Network Consultants
- System Integrators
- Cisco Channel Partners
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the knowledge to:
- Describe network fundamentals
- Establish Internet and WAN connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Manage network device security
- Operate a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree
- Troubleshoot IP connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP and OSPF (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configure devices for SNMP, Syslog, and NetFlow access
- Manage Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the hierarchical campus structure, basic switch operation, use of SDM templates, PoE, and LLDP
- Implement VLANs, trunks, explain VTP, implement DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environment, and configure port aggregation
- Implement and optimize STP mechanism that best suits your network - PVSTP+, RPVSTP+, or MSTP
- Configure routing on a multilayer switch
- Configure NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, port mirroring, and verify StackWise and VSS operation
- Implement First Hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Secure campus network according to recommended practices
Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
The certification exam aligned with this course will no longer be offered after February 23, 2020, but the course will be available for the duration of your subscription.