This course provides insight into security practices to improve the security posture of an organization.
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Cybersecurity. According to the Wall Street Journal, “All IT Jobs Are Cybersecurity Jobs Now.” In this course, we examine the concept of Red team – Blue team security professionals. You will practice Red team versus Blue team exercises, where one group of security pros--the red team--attacks some part or parts of a company’s security infrastructure, and an opposing group--the blue team--defends against the attack. Both teams work to strengthen a company’s defenses. You'll learn how both the red and blue teams help the business attain a higher level of security, something the security industry is now calling the Purple team.
- A understanding of the current cybersecurity ecosystem.
What you'll learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the current enterprise security landscape
- Define the Assume Compromise approach
- Practice Red team versus Blue team exercises
- Develop organizational security preparation, processes, and responses