The Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) v1.0 course prepares you to develop Internet of Things (IoT) applications for Cisco® IoT edge compute and network architecture. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on experience, you will learn to implement and deploy Cisco IOx applications using Cisco Field Network Director and Cisco Kinetic. This course covers designing, deploying, and troubleshooting edge applications, and understanding the use of management tools, so you can control your industrial network and connected devices at scale.
This course will prepare you for the 300-915 Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) exam.
Who should attend
This course is designed primarily for network and software engineers who are interested in learning about automation and programmability and hold the following job roles:
- Consulting systems engineer
- IoT Designer
- Network administrator
- Network engineer
- Network manager
- Sales engineer
- Systems engineer
- Technical solutions architect
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- General software development or coding skills
- Basic functional and object-oriented programming skills
- Basic understanding of where applications live and how they are deployed in real-world scenarios
- Basic understand of how networking works
- Basic Linux OS skills: installing code language dependencies, installing code libraries, and general scripting
- Understanding of how to store code using git or another Version-Control System (VCS)
What you will learn
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of Cisco IoT and list common devices involved
- List the common protocols, standards, and data flows of IoT
- Explain the Cisco IoT, common needs, and the corresponding solutions
- Explain how programmability can be used to automate and make operations, deployment, and support of Cisco IoT more effective
- Describe common Cisco IoT applications and how they apply to Cisco IoT use cases
- Explain the functions and use cases for Cisco security applications and Cisco IoT
This course will help you:
- Use network programmability and automation to streamline applications to reduce data size and complexity and strengthen security protocols.
- Gain hands-on experience in maximizing MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocol for lower power usage, faster data transmission, and more agility in device usage.
- Prepare for the 300-915 DEVIOT exam
What to expect in the exam
The 300-915 DEVIOT exam certifies your knowledge and skills related to IoT application development as it pertains to Cisco IoT edge compute and network architecture, including Cisco IOx and Cisco Edge and Fog Processing Module (EFM), IoT Data Visualization, and security methods.
After you pass 300-915 DEVIOT, you earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist - IoT certification, and you satisfy the concentration exam requirement for the Cisco Certified DevNet Professional certification.