Cisco® ASR 1000 Series Essentials (ASR1KE) Version 2.0 is a Cisco Training on Demand course. It introduces you to the Cisco Aggregation Services Routers (ASR) 1000 Series running Cisco IOS® XE Software Release 3.9.0S. You learn the major features, functions, characteristics, and connectivity options of the Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers. This course includes detailed platform-specific information about the hardware.
A core element of this course is the ability to learn new concepts and reinforce understanding through a wide range of integrated lab scenarios. You learn the functional operation of high availability, in-service software upgrade (ISSU), quality of service (QoS), security, and multicast services in the Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers.
Who should attend
This course is designed for systems engineers, technical support personnel, and systems integrators who need to know how to deploy Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers.
The knowledge and skills recommended before attending this course are:
- Knowledge of the topics covered in the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) course, or knowledge of basic networking fundamentals, LAN switching fundamentals, and Internet routing fundamentals
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS software commands
- Understanding of QoS, multicast, and IP Security (IPsec) services
What you will learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the major features, functions, characteristics, and connectivity options of the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Describe the detailed platform-specific information on the hardware and software operations of the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Describe packet flows, the functional operation of high availability, ISSU, QoS, security, multicast services and troubleshooting the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers