This three-day course is designed to provide students with MPLS-based Layer 3 virtual private network (VPN) knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of MPLS Layer 3 VPN concepts, scaling Layer 3 VPNs, Internet access, Interprovider Layer 3 VPNs, and Multicast for Layer 3 VPNs.
This course also covers Junos operating system-specific implementations of Layer 3 VPNs. These concepts are put into practice with a series of in-depth hands-on labs, which will allow participants to gain experience in configuring and monitoring Layer 3 VPNs on Junos OS devices.
These hands-on labs utilize Juniper Networks vMX Series devices using the Junos OS Release 19.4R1.10, and are also applicable to other MX Series devices
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
What you will learn
• Describe the value of MPLS VPNs.
• Describe the differences between provider-provisioned VPNs and customerprovisioned VPNs.
• Describe the differences between Layer 2 VPNs and Layer 3 VPNs.
• Describe the roles of a CE device, PE router, and P router in a BGP Layer 3 VPN.
• Describe the propagation of VPN routing information within an AS.
• List the BGP design constraints to enable Layer 3 VPNs within a provider network.
• Explain the operation of the Layer 3 VPN data plane within a provider network.
• List the troubleshooting and monitoring techniques for routing instances.
• Monitor the operation of a CE-PE dynamic routing protocol.
• Provision and troubleshoot hub-and-spoke Layer 3 VPNs,
• Describe QoS mechanisms available in L3VPNs.
• Configure L3VPN over GRE tunnels.
• Describe the RFC 4364 VPN options.
• Describe the carrier-of-carriers model.
• Configure the carrier-of-carriers and "Option C" configuration.
• Describe the flow of control and data traffic in a draft-rosen multicast VPN.
• Describe the configuration steps for establishing a draft-rosen multicast VPN.
• Monitor and verify the operation of draft-rosen multicast VPNs.
• Monitor and verify the operation of next-generation multicast VPNs.
• Describe the configuration steps for enabling internet multicast using MVPNs.
• Monitor and verify the operation of MVPN internet multicast.
It can take up to 48 hours (working days) before this course can be made available.