During this course, equivalent to 5 days of training, you focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You learn about how vRealize Automation can be used to automate the delivery of virtual machines, applications, and personalized IT services across different data centers and hybrid cloud environments.
The course covers how to manage both on-premise systems and cloud services. The course covers how vRealize Automation Service Broker can aggregate content in native formats from multiple clouds and platforms into a common catalog.
This course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ and how to use vRealize Automation to manage Kubernetes systems and leverage other systems. The course also covers integrating with Terraform and using SaltStack as a configuration management tool.
Please note: It may take up to 7 days until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Automation
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
If you cannot perform all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases in cloud environments
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Configure and manage Cloud Accounts, Projects, Flavor Mappings, Image Mappings, Network Profiles, Storage Profiles, Volumes, Tags, and Services
- Create, modify, manage, and deploy Cloud Templates
- Connect to a Kubernetes Cluster and manage namespaces
- Customize services and virtual machines with cloudConfig
- Configure and manage the Service Broker
- Configure and manage ABX actions, custom properties, event broker subscriptions, and vRealize Orchestrator workflows
- Integrate with vRealize Orchestrator
- Install vRealize Automation with Lifecycle Configuration Manager
- Describe Cloud Automation Services (Cloud Assembly and Code Stream).
- Integrate Cloud Assembly with Terraform and SaltStack
- Use logs and CLI commands to monitor and troubleshoot vRealize Automation