The Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation (DCVAI) course is a skills-building course that focuses on the implementation and deployment automation of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) and Cisco Nexus switches.
The course provides rich hands-on experience in building a data center solution based on Cisco ACI. Learners are introduced to the automation capabilities offered by Python and RESTful APIs (application programming interfaces).
Those preparing for professional-level data center-oriented jobs, or who wish to certify at the Cisco CCNP Data Center level, can now take the official training in self-paced format. The e-learning format of this course offers an immersive, practice-based learning experience at your own pace. Using enterprise-grade Cisco data center equipment, this hands-on training format is designed to be as effective as classroom training, with easily consumable segments of video, text, discovery labs, review questions, and graded challenge labs and tests.
Who should attend
- Network designer
To fully benefit from this course, students attending this training should have completed the following courses or obtained the equivalent level of knowledge:
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.0 or higher
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.0 or higher
- Configuring Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in ACI Mode (DCAC9K) v2.0 or higher
- Good understanding of the VMware environment
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe data center networking concepts
- Describe data center storage concepts
- Describe data center virtualization
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe two primary features to logically separate a physical switch.
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 1000 virtual switch, programmability options on Cisco Nexus Operating System (Cisco NX-OS), and different scripting tools available with Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe CLI features that simplify configuration management.
- Introduce the high-level concepts and describe the different fabric discovery parameters for Cisco ACI.
- Create tenant-based policies for bare metal hosts.
- Describe the integration of VM Manager Domains with Cisco ACI.
- Describe how Cisco ACI supports multitier applications, it’s monitoring capabilities, and programmability and orchestration.
- Describe vPC-based aggregation and availability.
- Describe Cisco AVS, distributed firewall, and micro-segmentation.
- Describe packet flows within the Cisco ACI and integrating Cisco ACI with external Layer 3 networks.
- Describe how Layer 4–Layer 7 services are inserted into the Cisco ACI fabric, and how traffic is subsequently redirected.
Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
The certification exam aligned with this course will no longer be offered after February 23, 2020, but the course will be available for the duration of your subscription.