The Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Core Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco® DevNet Associate certification and for associate-level network automation engineer roles. You will learn how to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and how to implement automation workflows across network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
This course helps you prepare to take the 200-901 DevNet Associate (DEVASC) exam. By passing this exam, you earn Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
The course is appropriate for software developers, application developers, and network engineers who want to expand their skill base and validate their skills in programmability, software, and automation. Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification will also find this material useful.
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
- Network automation engineer
- Software developer
- System integration programmer
Additional job roles that might be interested:
- Infrastructure architect
- Network designer
And before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
What you will learn
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describe common processes and practices used in software development
- Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Describe programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Describe interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
- Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
This course will help you:
- Take advantage of the network when you implement applications to fulfill business needs
- Gain a foundation in the essentials of applications, automation, and Cisco platforms
- Prepare for the 200-901 DEVASC exam, which earns Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification
What to expect in the exam
The 200-901 DEVASC exam certifies your knowledge of software development and design including understanding and using APIs, Cisco platforms and development, application development and security, and infrastructure and automation.
After you pass 200-901 DEVASC, you earn Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.