Learn how you can manage a network more efficiently with Network Programmability and develop Python programming fundamental skills.
This course is designed to be of immediate value to Network Engineers looking to use Network Programming to simplify or automate their tasks. It covers the fundamentals of Python programming within the context of performing functions relevant to network engineers.
This Cisco self-paced course is designed with interactivity in mind — through hands-on labs, review questions, and summary challenges. This renders the learning experience more real-world and helps increase retention. Additionally, gamification features such as badges and leaderboard provide social visibility and motivation to perform better.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Experience with network management (CCNA-level recommended)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe use cases and examples of the value of network programmability
- Acquire a full complement of Python programming skills — basics, data structures, control structures, comparison operators, input and output, structured programming, object-oriented programming, etc.
- Use Python to communicate to individual network devices, using examples of real networking communication and operations
- Use Python to communicate to multiple devices
- Use Object-Oriented Programming within Python to abstract network devices
- Use databases within a network-based application to store information about the network
- Use test methodologies to create quality applications
- Leverage software available via open source and existing libraries e.g. Cisco GitHub, Cisco DevNet, Python general-purpose and Cisco-specific libraries, NX-API
Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.