Cisco E-Learning for NPDEV v4.0 is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices. This course is aligned with the topics covered by the NPDEV exam, leading to the Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist Certification.
Who should attend
- Channel Partners
It is recommended to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Required: Ability to program in Java, Python, C, or other languages
- Recommended, but not required:
- Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) v1.0 Cisco E-Learning or equivalent Python programming experience
- Any CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability.
- Review data handling and formats.
- Have knowledge of Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and ODL Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests.
- Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTCONF and NETCONF.
- Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms.