More and more organizations are taking on the challenge of analyzing big data. This course teaches you how to use the Hadoop technologies in Microsoft Azure HDInsight to build batch processing solutions that cleanse and reshape data for analysis. In this five-week course, you’ll learn how to use technologies like Hive, Pig, Oozie, and Sqoop with Hadoop in HDInsight; and how to work with HDInsight clusters from Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX client computers.
NOTE: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax
- Familiarity with programming fundamentals (for example, variable assignment, loops, conditional logic)
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential
What you will learn
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Provision an HDInsight cluster.
- Connect to an HDInsight cluster, upload data, and run MapReduce jobs.
- Use Hive to store and process data.
- Process data using Pig.
- Use custom Python user-defined functions from Hive and Pig.
- Define and run workflows for data processing using Oozie.
- Transfer data between HDInsight and databases using Sqoop.