This course provides knowledge and skills to implement continuous feedback. Students will learn how to recommend and design system feedback mechanisms, implement a process for routing system feedback to development teams, and optimize feedback mechanisms.
- Students should have fundamental knowledge about Azure, version control, Agile software development, and core software development principles. It would be helpful to have experience in an organization that delivers software.
- It is recommended that you have experience working in an IDE, as well as some knowledge of the Azure portal. However, students who may not have a technical background in these technologies, but who are curious about DevOps practices as a culture shift, should be able to follow the procedural and expository explanations of continuous integration regardless.
What you will learn
- Design practices to measure end-user satisfaction
- Design processes to capture and analyze user feedback from external sources
- Design routing for client application crash report data
- Recommend monitoring tools and technologies
- Recommend system and feature usage tracking tools
- Configure crash report integration for client applications
- Develop monitoring and status dashboards
- Implement routing for client application crash report data
- Implement tools to track system usage, feature usage, and flow
- Integrate and configure ticketing systems with development team's work management system
- Analyze alerts to establish a baseline
- Analyze telemetry to establish a baseline
- Perform live site reviews and capture feedback for system outages
- Perform ongoing tuning to reduce meaningless or non-actionable alerts