Cisco E-Learning for SENSS v1.0 will prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco switches, Cisco routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls.
It will provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and manage security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco switches.
The students will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco switches, Cisco ASA, and router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
Who should attend
- Channel Partners
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills:
- Working knowledge of basic IP networking
- Knowledge of video conferencing and streaming fundamentals
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course, you will obtain the following knowledge:
- Implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec
- Deploying Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls
- Configuring Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 data plane security controls
- Implementing and maintaining Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT)
- Implementing and maintaining Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT)
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW)
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy
Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.