This hands-on training course, equivalent to 5 days of training, provides you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competency in configuring, operating, and troubleshooting VMware NSX-T™ Data Center for intrinsic security. In this course, you are introduced to all the security features in NSX-T Data Center, including distributed and gateway firewall, Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS), VMware NSX® Intelligence™, and Network Detection and Response (NDR).
In addition, you are presented with common configuration issues and given a methodology to resolve them.
Please note: It may take up to 7 days until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
- Experienced security administrators
You should also have the following understanding or knowledge:
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Knowledge and working experience of network security, including:
- L2-L7 Firewalling
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Knowledge and working experience of VMware vSphere® environments and KVM-based environments
The VMware Certified Technical Associate - Network Virtualization is recommended.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Define information security related concepts
- Explain different types of firewalls and their use cases
- Describe the operation of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Describe the VMware intrinsic security portfolio
- Implement Zero-Trust Security using VMware NSX® segmentation
- Configure User and Role Management
- Configure and troubleshoot Distributed Firewall, Identity Firewall, and time-based policies
- Configure and troubleshoot Gateway Security
- Use VMware vRealize® Log Insight™, VMware vRealize® Network Insight™, and NSX Intelligence to operate NSX firewalls and generate security recommendations
- Explain security best practices related to grouping, tagging, and rule configuration
- Describe North-South and East-West service insertion
- Describe Endpoint Protection
- Configure and troubleshoot Distributed IDS/IPS
- Describe the capabilities of Network Detection and Response