During this five-day course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You will learn about the configuration and use of the vRealize Automation platform, including self-service provisioning and the creation of catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, software components, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks. This course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ to leverage workflows, creating approval cycles, and managing machine lifecycles to conserve resources. In addition, you will better understand and know how to achieve the benefits of automation as a component of the software-defined data center.
Please note: It may take up to 7 days until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Automation
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (VICM)
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track (VVFT)
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases
- Install and configure vRealize Automation
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual, cloud, and physical infrastructures
- Configure and manage catalogs and blueprints
- Configure and manage business groups and reservations for compute resources on VMware, Microsoft, Amazon, and other platforms
- Use the self-service portal to request and manage machines in accordance with vRealize Automation approval and governance policies
- Explain vRealize Automation extensibility and workflows
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation