Please note: It may take up to 7 days until the access to this e-learning is provided.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Mirage
- Components and Architecture
- Installing and Configuring Mirage
- Mirage Web Manager
- Mirage Management Overview
- Mirage Single Image Management
- Windows Migrations
- Endpoint Protection with Mirage
- Working with the Mirage File Portal
- Mirage Security
Who should attend
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying Mirage.
- Ability to use VMware vSphere® Client™ to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Experience accessing the guest operating system from the VMware vCenter Server™ virtual machine console
- Ability to navigate Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2008.
What you will learn
This hands-on training course provides students with skills that they need to deploy a unified image management system using VMware Mirage™. After installing Mirage 5.0, students learn how to configure security, manage images, perform a Windows migration, set up endpoint protection, and perform various management functions.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the key concepts of Mirage
- Recognize how Mirage fits into the VMware end-user computing vision
- Identify the main Mirage use classifications
- Define the function of each of the Mirage solution components
- Install, configure, and upgrade Mirage
- Identify the tasks for SSL configuration on a Mirage system
- Discuss the management functions available in the Mirage Management console
- Deploy Mirage to endpoints
- Explain the tasks for capturing and assigning base layers and application layers
- Describe methods for performing disaster recovery with Mirage
- Outline how to plan and perform a mass hardware migration with Mirage
- Recognize how the file portal is set up and used