If you are interested in pursuing a career in IT Support, this course examines how to improve your basic customer communication skills.
This course provides insights into the communication skills and acumen needed to be a successful support agent. Effective communication, both with the customer and with internal resources at your company, is critical to the success of anyone considering a role in IT Support.
The course begins with a review of effective communication strategies that will help you develop a rapport with your customer. You then examine ways to connect with your customer through phone, email, chat, and social media, including a demonstration of empathy and communicating at the customer’s level of expertise. Finally, you examine how to deal with challenging customers and how to defuse a customer’s anger. At the completion of the course, you will have a greater appreciation for the communication skills that a successful support agent needs to develop.
This is the second in a series of four courses that are targeted to individuals who are considering a move into IT Support.
What you will learn
- Introduce effective communication strategies
- Develop a rapport with your customers
- Interpret and paraphrase the customer’s message
- Demonstrate empathy towards your customer
- Review chat etiquette best practices
- Communicate at the customer’s level of expertise
- Differentiate between implicit vs. explicit customer messages
- Understand how to respond effectively through phone, email, chat, and social media
- Satisfy a challenging customer and defuse the customer’s anger