Are you ready for big data science? In this course, learn how to implement predictive analytics solutions for big data using Apache Spark in Microsoft Azure HDInsight. See how to work with Scala or Python to cleanse and transform data and build machine learning models with Spark ML (the machine learning library in Spark).
Note: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions.
- Familiarity with Hadoop clusters in HDInsight.
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax.
- Familiarity with basic programming constructs (for example, variables, loops, conditional logic).
- A basic knowledge of mathematics, including linear equations and functions.
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential.
What you will learn
- Using Spark to explore data and prepare for modeling
- Build supervised machine learning models
- Evaluate and optimize models
- Build recommenders and unsupervised machine learning models