Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) features graphical tools and wizards for:
- building and debugging packages
- tasks for performing workflow functions
- executing SQL statements
- data sources and destinations for extracting and loading data
- transformations for cleaning, aggregating, merging, and copying data
In this computer science course, you'll extract data from a wide variety of data sources, such as files and relational data sources, perform data integration and transformation solutions, and load data into single or multiple destinations. You will solve complex business problems using best practices and troubleshooting techniques.
- A familiarity with Basic SQL Query and Transactional statements (select, insert, update, delete).
- Ability to write and execute statements using SQL Server Management Studio.
- A basic understanding of the Business Intelligence process.
- Suggested prerequisites/ supporting material: BI Jump start course MVA
What you will learn
You’ll learn design principles and solutions for:
- Deciding on full or incremental loading
- Isolating ETL data
- Creating an ETL script
- ETL abstraction layers
- The design environment
- Control flows
- Data sources
- Data transformations
- Data destinations
- Precedence constraints
- Connection managers
- Execute SQL tasks
- Progress/execution results
- Resetting destination database
- Data flows
- Data flow paths
- Error output paths
- Configuring data sources and destinations
- Executing SSIS packages
- Deploying SSIS packages