The Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for use in data centers.
The extensively hands-on course covers configuring and managing Cisco UCS servers using unified I/O networking for LAN and SAN connectivity, virtualizing server hardware identifiers to enable rapid recovery of server operating system images, implementing automation for Cisco UCS, configuring fault tolerance, implementing role-based access control (RBAC), backing up and restoring system configurations, and using the monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (Cisco IMC).
Who should attend
Those preparing for professional-level data center-oriented jobs, or who wish to certify at the Cisco CCNP Data Center level, can now take the official training in self-paced format. The e-learning format of this course offers an immersive, practice-based learning experience at your own pace. Using enterprise-grade Cisco data center equipment, this hands-on training format is designed to be as effective as classroom training, with easily consumable segments of video, text, discovery labs, review questions, and graded challenge labs and tests.
- Network designer
- Network administrator
- Network engineer
- Systems engineer
- Consulting systems engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Cisco integrators/partners
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with SANs
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel protocol
- Understanding of Cisco enterprise data center architecture
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (such as VMware)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Cisco UCS server form factors
- Describe Cisco UCS connectivity
- Configure identity abstraction
- Configure service profile templates
- Implement Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI)
- Implement Fibre Channel port channels
- Implement Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Implement RBAC
- Implement external authentication providers
- Implementing key management
- Implement Cisco UCS firmware updates
- Implement Cisco UCS backups
- Implement monitoring
- Deploy Cisco UCS Central and use it to add a Cisco UCS Manager domain, manage resources centrally, and create all required pools and templates to deploy a service profile.
- Implement Cisco UCS Director and Cisco IMC Supervisor
- Compare scripting options for Cisco UCS Manager
Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
The certification exam aligned with this course will no longer be offered after February 23, 2020, but the course will be available for the duration of your subscription.