Learn the fundamentals and best practices of data querying using Microsoft Language-Integrated Query Syntax to write fast, reliable and efficient queries in your application.
Comparing with other programming platforms, one of the most significant advantages of .NET is its Language-Integrated Query, or LINQ. LINQ is a powerful library that allows unified data query experience regardless of the data source. It is also language-independent which means it can be used in any .Net language like C#, VB.NET and F#. LINQ makes code more compact and readable. In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of LINQ and will get an extensive experience composing efficient LINQ queries in your .NET applications.
- Knowledge of C# language and .NET collections.
- The concept of generics such as generic classes and generic methods.
- Delegates, extension methods and lambda expressions are helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with database concepts and data relationships is preferred.
What you'll learn
- Learn the basics of LINQ, which is an indispensable part of .NET development skill.
- Learn the concepts of data querying in .Net and C#.
- Enhance your hands-on experience using LINQ for data query through many labs and challenges from real projects.
- Learn and get familiar using PLINQ which is the parallel version of LINQ for enhanced performance for your queries.