The course will provide students with information and practice activities to prepare them to assist in the designing, installing, configuring, monitoring and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in SMB and Enterprise installations.
As an associate level, the course aims at providing entry level information, and will not specialize in any of the advanced features of the Cisco WLAN networks solutions.
Who should attend
- Wireless Network Associate/Administrator
- Wireless Technician
- Wireless Test Engineer
- Wireless Network Planning Engineer
- Wireless Implementation Support Engineer
- Wireless Network Analyst
- Cisco Channel Partners
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Parts 1 & 2 (ICND1 & ICND2) or
- Cisco CCENT certification
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic RF principles and characteristics
- Understand WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices
- Define the Cisco WLAN architecture and the underling infrastructure used to support it
- Implement a Centralized wireless access network using AireOS or IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers
- Implement a Converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using FlexConnect, Autonomous or Cloud architectures
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting -describe the requirements for a WLAN design
Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactive activities are available through Discovery labs, content review questions, and challenge questions. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. Gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.